Amalia’s Mesoamerican Table Cookbook
Amalia’s Mesoamerican Table: Ancient Traditions with Gourmet Infusions
With a wide array of edible plant biodiversity and historical wealth, Mesoamerica offers naturally vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free food. It isn’t possible to fully enjoy the dishes of this region without understanding how the ancient cultures behind them came to be.
In Amalia’s Mesoamerican Table cookbook, chef Amalia Moreno-Damgaard uses her signature blend of timeworn culinary traditions and modern infusions to create fresh and healthy recipes, including authentic Guatemalan dishes for home cooks and trained chefs.
Comprising of 132 recipes plus variations and vivid photography of every dish, Amalia’s Mesoamerican Table features traditional dishes from Amalia’s upbringing in her native land and travels in South-Central Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama. The cookbook also features historical and personal anecdotes of her time cooking with multiple generations of indigenous natives in the area.
Amalia’s book offers various recipes, including:
- Tantalizing drinks and cocktails
- Scrumptious rice and vegetable creations
- Light and hearty soups
- Ancestral cookery
- Coastal delights
- Baked goods
- Artisan sweets
- And much more!
Amalia’s Mesoamerican Table: Ancient Traditions with Gourmet Infusions cookbook will take you on a comprehensive trip across Mesoamerica without ever leaving the kitchen. Discover a rich appreciation for this biodiverse, pluricultural, and multi-ethnic region.
Amalia’s International Cookbook Awards
- Winner-Best in the World – Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2023, Umeå, Sweden
- Winner-Gold Medal – Best Cookbook International Latino Book Awards 2022, Los Angeles, California
- Winner-Cookbooks-Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Awards 2022, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Winner-Cookbooks-Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY) 2022, New York, New York
- Winner-Regional Cookbooks-National Indie Excellence Book Awards 2022, Hermosa Beach, California
- Winner-International Cookbooks, 2022 NYC Big Book Award, New York, New York
Return Policy: Refunds will be given 15 days from the date of purchase for the amount of the book plus any sales taxes collected only (shipping and handling charges are not refundable).